Glass and Silicone Issue/Deformation

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed something on the right back corner of my tank. I don't know if this is nothing, or a major issue.

The bottom back corner of one of my glass pane is slightly more pushed in than all the other corners, its just not smooth. And on the inside of the tank, the silicone is also slightly pushed in as well. Ive had the tank for two years and I have never noticed it but I have also never not noticed it. This must have happened when they were creating the tank right? The pressure doesn't push in. Can this cause an issue? Should I be worried? I can post pictures if needed.

Im also already getting a new tank in a couple months.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it, especially with a new tank coming. How big of a tank is it? Doesn't even sound like something that would prevent me from using it in the future honestly.

OP
OP
SurfTrack

SurfTrack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't worry about it, especially with a new tank coming. How big of a tank is it? Doesn't even sound like something that would prevent me from using it in the future honestly.
75g

Glad to know that, im very relieved.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Pic would help. but may be the way silicone was applied. other possibility is A heater near that area ??

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 to all.

Nothings no to worry about, the 2 panes were not perfectly aligned when siliconed during build. If it was water pressure it would have failed or leaked/ salt creep long ago.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back