Glass Cages Acrylic - Feedback Desired

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to purchase a larger tank and I am going acrylic. I am looking into Midwest custom and Glass Cages. I have a 50 gallon pentagon now but the shape and size are limiting with regard to location , sump and skimmer size etc. I have read positive and negative threads on Glass Cages but recent purchases/comments appear to be overwhelmingly positive. But all of seen are for glass tanks. So any feedback on their acrylic tanks would be appreciated.

I have owned an acrylic tank for some 15 years now. I know how to keep care of it and I have no desire to go to a glass tank. I say this because invariably every acrylic tank thread strays off into a glass vs acrylic discussion. I get it that people are trying to be helpful but I understand the risks.

I tried the search function yesterday but that seems to be inoperative.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI ,i am going to tag you into recent one ;)

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm getting ready to purchase a larger tank and I am going acrylic. I am looking into Midwest custom and Glass Cages. I have a 50 gallon pentagon now but the shape and size are limiting with regard to location , sump and skimmer size etc. I have read positive and negative threads on Glass Cages but recent purchases/comments appear to be overwhelmingly positive. But all of seen are for glass tanks. So any feedback on their acrylic tanks would be appreciated.

I have owned an acrylic tank for some 15 years now. I know how to keep care of it and I have no desire to go to a glass tank. I say this because invariably every acrylic tank thread strays off into a glass vs acrylic discussion. I get it that people are trying to be helpful but I understand the risks.

I tried the search function yesterday but that seems to be inoperative.
Hi @rob taft. Thanks for your interest in Glass Cages. I am always available to talk about tanks. thats my favorite. even if you decide on another builder. Learning and supporting is my desire.

Here is a link to our Facebook Acrylic Builds. This album has a few pictures of some of our Acrylic builds.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rob taft

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi @rob taft. Thanks for your interest in Glass Cages. I am always available to talk about tanks. thats my favorite. even if you decide on another builder. Learning and supporting is my desire.

Here is a link to our Facebook Acrylic Builds. This album has a few pictures of some of our Acrylic builds.

Joe, Thank you for taking the time to reply. I've replied to the email Silas sent me in regard to the thickness question. So I'm ready to take the next step. Again, thanks rob

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sent a build request to Midwest. They told me they would not build a tank the size I wanted. It was too small for them! I had a tank made by American Aquariums that was really nice!
How are you liking the new tank? American is making my custom build... should be here by the end of the month.

JRAD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it! Very well made out of 1/2 inch acrylic. Very solid build but still light enough to move myself without killing my back! What size did you order?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.6%
Back