Glass heaters

kstone2274

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 21, 2015
Messages
215
Reaction score
13
Location
United States
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One my heaters went out and all I have is a eheim jager. I know people swear by them but I am no fan of glass heaters. Will it melt Acrylic?
 
If it gets hot enough and is resting against the acrylic then it is possible imo.
 
If the heater is getting hot enough to melt acrylic then it's too small. Been using glass heaters for the past 30 years with no issues. Just make sure to get the proper size, thats all.
 
A submerged heater will not melt acrylic. I actually mounted my heaters back to back on an acrylic baffle using conduit clamps. Here's a picture of the sump during the build and a picture showing of one of the heaters clamped in.





I also don't know what the concern is over using glass. Especially Jagar's which have glass twice as thick as the other heaters. Are people using their heaters as swords? And finally, Jagar's are the best (and Sera's are number 2).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 30.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new