Is this OK for Eheim heaters?

  • Thread starter Thread starter BriDroid
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BriDroid

I glue animals to rocks.
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2024
Messages
1,699
Reaction score
2,304
Location
Prosper, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my skimmer to a Reef Octopus from my Bubble Magus in my Fiji-20 sump. The Eheim heaters no longer fit in the Fiji holders, so the tops of them are sticking out some. Is this OK, or do I need to find physically smaller heaters?
IMG_1147.jpeg
 
My other option is over in the intake section of the sump. At least they are fully submerged there.
IMG_1148.jpeg
 
The first pic looks fine to me, as long as they are not melting your sump 🤪

In my experience, you can have these heaters stick out of the water a bit and be just fine. These heaters are very, very long for their wattage.

Good luck!
 
I agree that they can stick out some. They are long heaters but they are what I use after trying others.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new