glass holes on 180

  • Thread starter Thread starter donwon4070
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

donwon4070

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 30, 2012
Messages
104
Reaction score
0
Location
wi
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was wondering what size glass-holes.com i could use for the overflow 1500 or 3000 let me know which glass-holes.com is the right one im up in the air about it
 
Last edited:
The 3000 has like 2.5" holes I think. They are massive lol. I drilled a tank for guy putting one on a 4' 120. If you do the 3000 I would do it in the middle. How much return pump are you running is the main question. I honestly think 2 of the 1500 or even 2 700 (900 if they have it) would suffice as long as your not planning on moving a ton of water with your return.

I have the 700gph on our 90 gal. It has 1.5" bulk head for the drain. I'm using a iwaki 1300gph dialed back and it's fairly quiet and I'm running it at its max. And the reason I say 2 smaller ones is for one on each end of the tank for surface skimming.


-Alex-
 
I would highly advise not to use the 2" drains. It was my 120 that was drilled. Looking back I should have gone with a smaller overflow. Thanks again Alex! Lol
 
If you want the 1500 setup with a return let me know I bought one for a project and never used it. Comes with everything including the hole saws and return for $80 shipped.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new