Glass holes overflow kits???

  • Thread starter Thread starter dougers31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dougers31

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
2,103
Reaction score
212
Location
Albert lea, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone has used the overflow kits from glass holes.com.... Thinking I might go with the 700gal. overflow kit(for a 40br), just not sure if I would be better off drilling 2 holes and making my own overflow box instead of going with their single hole setup. I really want to do everything I can to eliminate any potential leak or overflow issues, while at the same time keeping noise to a minimum....

Any opinions on this???
 
Last edited:
I got the 1500gph overflow for my 30br frag tank and I love it. Takes up very little space in the tank and is quiet. The 700 should be fine. I like having plenty of redundancy.
 
Thanks, I think I'm prolly gonna go with a single drain... though I do like the idea of having a backup...
 
i made own if you know someone who has the drill bits i think its easier... i bought all my bits from china for 30 bucks and some acrylic for a little bit of nothing
 
I have the 1500gph on my 75g. Works great and the overflow comes with a baffle to reduce noise/trickle. They have several different things you can do...like for a closed loop etc. You can dig up a youtube on drilling glass...very easy from my experience, just go SLOW and keep it WET.

Good luck!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new