Glass top suggestion needed

villmets

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am currently in the process of revamping my pump situaion--i have run 2 MP40s on my 190 Gallon display for years but after repeated issues with them --i am finally going to change to 2 seaswirls and keep one MP 40 (the other one died) my issue is the glass top on my reef---
I keep a glass top on my tank--I have a few jumpers-I will need to have new tops made and was thinking plexi-glass but decided that would reduce my lighting. Any companies out there that customer cut glass tops?

Thanks

Bette

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly recommend getting a BRS mesh lid kit. The glass can occasionally dim light (if you don't keep it clean), lower oxygen levels, decrease PH, etc.

Last edited:

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All,
I am currently in the process of revamping my pump situaion--i have run 2 MP40s on my 190 Gallon display for years but after repeated issues with them --i am finally going to change to 2 seaswirls and keep one MP 40 (the other one died) my issue is the glass top on my reef---
I keep a glass top on my tank--I have a few jumpers-I will need to have new tops made and was thinking plexi-glass but decided that would reduce my lighting. Any companies out there that customer cut glass tops?

Thanks

Bette

If you have a Euro braced tank, ace hardware will cut you custom sizes. I have 85% of my tank covered in glass and the remainder open with brs netting around the open areas, but my tank is built in so that is all hidden.

I do not have issues with PAR loss even with dirty glass. Still plenty gets through unless a weak light source is used.

Mical

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree w/"Crabs" above, I run glass lids on both of my tanks and the back 2" are covered w/screen. PAR loss is minimum as I run Kessil 360wes on both.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back