Glowing red algae, what is it?

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 31, 2018
Messages
1,232
Reaction score
1,636
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this Saturday single patch of red algae that glows intensely under blue light. The picture below does not do it justice. I have lots of red algae, but this is the only patch that glows. Any idea what it is? The tank has been running just over 2 months.

I hope it's good, because it's actually quite pretty.
6f01df206da82a34b08c2512fae6f276.jpg
f97bcc43bc8779ebe523470e62c75f92.jpg
 
Is it soft or hard like coralline I know spots of new coralline will glow super red and pink in my tank under blues
 
I haven't touched it. I'd say it looks soft, but sometimes these things' looks are deceiving. The next time I need to reach in for something, I'll check it out.
 
Get some acrylic rods for poking around in your tank. I got mine from BRS and they come in handy.
 
It's soft and slimy and brushes away easily.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 23 15.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new