Glue for aquascape

StPatrick89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What glue do people use to connect their aquascaping also does glue have negative effects on the water? Lastly what do y’all suggest to connect rocks?

Robertellis30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally used Bob’s super glue and quick set from Amazon. Then went over the joints with cement. First time I used nyos. Wasn’t a fan. Next structure went with emarco. That was a much better option.

eggplantparrot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What glue do people use to connect their aquascaping also does glue have negative effects on the water? Lastly what do y’all suggest to connect rocks?

Big bottle of superglue gel with accelerator to hold rocks in place, followed by hydraulic cement.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never done this myself, but supposedly using liquid super glue mixed in with sand and/or baking soda makes for a very strong mortar between rocks. Link.

If not doing that, the standard is super glue plus aquarium epoxy. Having used that method myself, it mostly works, but it's honestly not fantastic. You can also use something like Marco Rocks mortar. This works much better, but is a little bit more difficult to apply.

None of the bonding agents have any long-term negative effects on water. If using them to put together rock structures, it is best to do that with the rocks in air rather than submerged. That's more for practicality and allowing the bonding agents to set correctly rather than water quality, however.

BiggestE222

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This all the way

Attachments

• AB1CA03D-1FE1-4970-9602-65C222DB48D4.jpeg
    AB1CA03D-1FE1-4970-9602-65C222DB48D4.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 69

rainsong

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used @Glue Masters and sand then reinforced with eMarco when complete.
How much Glue Masters thin did you end up using and for how much rock? I have 100 lbs of marco rock for my 150 gallon and am trying to decide how much glue to order. Also, do you think the eMarco was necessary?

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much Glue Masters thin did you end up using and for how much rock? I have 100 lbs of marco rock for my 150 gallon and am trying to decide how much glue to order. Also, do you think the eMarco was necessary?

I used about half a big bottle.

I purchased 85 pounds but did not use all of them.

ninjamyst

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered some gluemasters on amazon. They don't have the thin one in 8oz bottle so I got the medium. I plan to only use 40-50lbs of rock for my 160 gallon peninsula. Minimalistic NSA aquascape.

F i s h y

2nd In Command. Where is Frank's firebug badge?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Glue Masters all the way. You will not be disappointed and the customer service is fantastic. They really have embraced the application of their glue for aquascaping. It's evident in the fact that they are a member here. Send them a PM. You will not be disappointed.

Matt_95

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swear by Aquaforest Stone Fix. Nothing else has created such a strong join for me before.
CABC51F7-9FB5-486B-8375-37D53435A9F6.jpeg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contains ethyl cyanoacrylite which some my glues that i used contained and no deaths in my tank after 6 months so far,on my research cyanoacrylite is the glue we wanting ( ca) and ethyl is in most superglues just some dont say it.google it to get reasoning and info about it but from my research months ago i deemed it safe.cant remember off top my head without googling
Here you go just did quick google for some info

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contains ethyl cyanoacrylite which some my glues that i used contained and no deaths in my tank after 6 months so far,on my research cyanoacrylite is the glue we wanting ( ca) and ethyl is in most superglues just some dont say it.google it to get reasoning and info about it but from my research months ago i deemed it safe.cant remember off top my head without googling
Here you go just did quick google for some info
Thanks seems to be safe based on reading some other forums.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything really works, but IME, I have used BRS Extra thick super glue in the 20g tube (or the tube that doesn’t let water in as you squeeze. But I also glued my Aquascape underwater, so if you’re doing it someplace else, there are probably better glues out there for your condition.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back