Gluing coral to glass- how?

JohnRougeux

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2020
Messages
62
Reaction score
12
Location
Elizabethtown, KY
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a green star polyp that I was wanting to glue to the back glass and let it grow upwards. But when I put some glue on the plastic piece it's glued to, it doesn't stick to the glass. Do I have to hold it there for x amount of time?

I"m using Dynasty Corals Gel Coral Glue.
 
Bump following
 
Usually what i do is use epoxy with super glue. Also would clean that area where you are putting it with a razor blade. Ive had no issues doing this.
 
Try starting with a glob of glue on the glass without the coral, mush it so it's kind of flat and stuck to the glass. Then when thats semi cured take the plastic piece with some more glue and press it into whats on the glass already.
 
So I have a green star polyp that I was wanting to glue to the back glass and let it grow upwards. But when I put some glue on the plastic piece it's glued to, it doesn't stick to the glass. Do I have to hold it there for x amount of time?

I"m using Dynasty Corals Gel Coral Glue.
Easier if you have coralline on the glass, any super glue gel.
Try to get the gsp off the frag and glue direct.
It is difficult to damage significantly enough to kill.
Or, put the gsp against the glass on the bottom, it'll grow up the glass.
IME, it only grows up, towards the light, on the glass.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new