Gluing/Placing coral permanently question

potatocouch

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
617
Reaction score
219
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks said not to glue coral when you got em ... because they may not like the spot.

But then if you want to trial an awkward spot where gluing is a must, don't you glue it there and see how it goes?

It's like trial-n-error ?
 
Folks said not to glue coral when you got em ... because they may not like the spot.

But then if you want to trial an awkward spot where gluing is a must, don't you glue it there and see how it goes?

It's like trial-n-error ?
I always glue my coral/frags with the knowledge that I may have to move them. I use the glue/epoxy/glue method. Basically crazy glue(I think I am dating myself) pea size epoxy and glue. If I want to move it, I just twist a flat scrwdriver underneath and then replace using the same method.

I do this because I have a bunch of urchins and turbo snails who have no problem moving unglued corals all over the place.
 
It's like trial-n-error ?
yup.

I always glue my coral/frags with the knowledge that I may have to move them. I use the glue/epoxy/glue method. Basically crazy glue(I think I am dating myself) pea size epoxy and glue. If I want to move it, I just twist a flat scrwdriver underneath and then replace using the same method.

I do this because I have a bunch of urchins and turbo snails who have no problem moving unglued corals all over the place.
+1
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new