Gluing rocks underwater as securely as possible

jeep and goose

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2026
Messages
270
Reaction score
181
Location
lafayette
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have suggestions to get this rock scape super secure honestly the e Marco I got didn’t work well, I have stuff as tightly locked together as I can rn
20260517_231527_31D79505-A375-415A-962D-77A816E718E1.png
 
I haven't tried e marco, I've tried the nyos and caribsea brands and both work well for me. However what I do, and what I would suggest for a large structure like yours, is I drill into the rocks and insert small acrylic rods that act like rebarb, then cement the joints together.

Honestly I don't know of any way to get it done underwater. But what you have looks fantastic, I really like it, I hope it works out for you, good luck
 
I've heard of people glueing under water but all I've ever done is make a mess when I tried. I can't even glue a frag while it's under water. The e Marco cement will create a bond stronger than the rock itself but I've only used it outside of the water and let it air cure.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new