Go pro for tank video

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
saw a friend shooting videos with a go pro 5 and an 8 and mustmusic i was impressed by the quality and the white balance of the go pro, was pretty much straightforward.
Anyone using go pro for tank videos ( both in tank and out of tank videos) any tips on those for tank videos and ease if use and quality of the videos your getting please?

Reefer40b

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have thought about doing this but have not seen it done, I'm sure someone on here will chime in with their experience.

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had the gopro hero 4, 6 and now gopro 9 and they are great for tank use, both in an out of the tank. It does a good job picking up blues and not over saturating, and you can adjust the white balance from the camera.

This is shot with a gopro hero 6, little to no editing. in-tank footage starts at 1:40. Still need to play with my new hero9.

chavez.a23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have had the gopro hero 4, 6 and now gopro 9 and they are great for tank use, both in an out of the tank. It does a good job picking up blues and not over saturating, and you can adjust the white balance from the camera.

This is shot with a gopro hero 6, little to no editing. in-tank footage starts at 1:40. Still need to play with my new hero9.

Hello do you use any filter for your go pro hero 9? Or do you just adjust the white balance?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't use a filter, and don't remember exactly, but probably just tweaked the white balance a bit.

Edit: just noticed you said on the GP hero 9. I have yet to use it yet on the tank, so im not sure if it needs any tweaking yet. This was from a Hero 6 black.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back