Go Strong or Go Home 310 Gallon Display Peninsula (450 Water Volume)

What Light should I use? 96x30x25

• 8 XR15 G5 for the whole tank

• 6 G5 XR15 with 2 Aqualife T5 Hybrid

Results are only viewable after voting.

VegasPoseidon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Fellow reefers,

First and foremost, this is my very first thread in the forums so please go easy on me :oops:. Also English is not my first language so if I do not make sense of what I am writing well I tried lol.
A little introduction before i begin. For most of my adult life i been called by my last name "Vega" while I was in the Air Force or when I was a Deputy in the Sheriff Department. I love Greek Mythology so hence comes the username VegasPoseidon. Now that we got that out of the way lets begging this journey lol.

I been in the hobby for approximately 5 years, I started with a 90 gallon tank which i acquired from my In-laws since they did not wanted to take care of it any longer. I was hooked, the brass knowledge, the abundant amount of information, the complexity of hobby and the multiple path that this hobby could take you was endless. I believe to be a fish lover, my biggest challenge is adding more fish to my system, so this time around I will be going Big. Due to unforeseen circumstances I had to leave the hobby 2 years ago, but now I just purchase my forever home and its time to come back. Go strong or go home is my new philosophy for this hobby. My 90 gallon tank though me a lot, starting with not been cheap on the equipment if I am just going to buy it later, to following one path and staying with it. Inot tell you how many times i change the filtration of the tank, or how many times did I change the Aquaescape, just because i watched a new YouTube video and their results were just amazing. This time around I will just do what I know it works and try to keep things as stable as possible.

A peninsula tank has always been my favorite type of tank. When I visited my very firs LFS they had a 450 Peninsula tank, I was in love. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Sometimes i would just go to look at the fish swim, with the hopes of one day been able to have one of my own. That day has come, thanks to my favorite local LFS (That Aquarium Place) I was able to afford my very own 310 Peninsula tank from Planet Aquariums.

tank.jpg

Placement of the tank is important me. I want to have the tank in a place where I can enjoy it at all times. I love to watchs movies and I love to cook. So it had to be near the kitchen and living room. So i decided to make the tank a divider between them both.
living room.jpeg
living room 2.jpeg

So i deciced to place the tank righ where the couche is but against the wall where the frame is. Now I have done plenty of water changes to know that spills are going to happen. So carpet was definetly a no go. Also I wanted to have my sump in the garage which it was going to be very difficult since I have the dinning room right behing the wall were the tank is going to be. So the first step was to replace the carpet and run the plumbing throught the floor.
replacing carpet.jpg

piping1.jpg

digging2.jpg

finish product.jpg

Now I also had the plumber build a utility sink in the garage, because that was definetly a must.
utility sink.jpg

I order my Sump from Elite-Aquatics, the dimensions are 96x24x16 with a total water volume of 150 gallons. I am waiting for my buildder to get with me to comfirm on some specific details that i want on the sump.
sump.jpg

I am currently waiting for my LFS to deliver the tank so I can start cutting through the wall and start plumming the tank.
In the meantime I am adding a list of items that I will be using for this Install.
APex Unite
DDOS for automatic water changes
flow meter
leak detection units
80 Watt UV sterelizer
2 MP60
2 Gyres 350
6 G5 XR15 Radion
2 Aqualife 15 Hybrid
Tiger Reeflow external Pump
DastaCo Calcium Reactor
360X Refugium Light Kessil
BRS Rodi System 7 Stage
Triden
equipment.jpg

As far as rock goes, I will go with All Marcos Rock.
marco rock.jpg

So for now thats all I got. I will keep updating the thread as I go. Thank for reading and Happy Reefing.

Jun 2-2020
Just an update. The tank was Deliver by my local fish store. That Aquarium Place in houston. I am so excited.
tank.jpg

Also I went ahead and bought a Rodi 7 Stage 200 gallon water saver unit. and 2 225 Gallon Water tanks for Rodi and Saltwater.
IMG_1744.jpg

IMG_1743.jpg

I started working in adding the Lights to the Canopy. So the Poll Won!!! I went ahead and added 2x48 Hybrid T5 systems with 6- Xr15 Blue Radions G5

IMG_1742.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back