Goby and the brain

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brain is a rescue it was bleached and I got it for $20. (any body know what type it is?) I’ve had it for a month and the color just gets better and better the goby I got about two weeks ago and thought I lost hem for five days after I put him in the tank I didn’t see hem once then one night there he was looking for dinner
100_2772.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You need to cut your grass!

LOL! Looks awesome! LOve the fish!

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Super long super metallic green star polyp I'm propagating and trading at lfs. I am hoping to grow out to two square feet when I get my new 40 breeders set up. I have about half a square foot right now

Last edited:
OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe?

I like to think my gsp is growing in control I cut it back at least once a month

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to take three more frags to them tomorrow with a few other things I'm going to trade for a bleached Red and blue Lobo I wanted before it bleached I will post pics when I get it

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's hard to say how long it will take to color back up I'm guessing three months at the rate it's going now. I probably got the coral for a third of what it will be worth when it colors back up. But I do this more to save the coral than I do to save money.

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color is noticeably better this week just took this pic
100_2833.jpg

This is the new one I traded some gsp for it looks really bad but it may still have a chance
100_2840.jpg

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see people online and online stores selling it for $10 -$15 per square inch

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i wish mine paid that much for gsp, also how do you determine if the coral is even worth saving? any certain thing you look for? The reason i ask is one of my lfs has a polyp rock with about 200 watermelons on it, they are asking 45 but none are open and its covered in red slime, but the stalks look okay,i can probably talk them down but is something like that worth the risk?

OP
OP
coral88

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few tanks so I can place them in a quarantine tank if I'm not sure about the health of the coral. I will not rick a tank full of high-end coral for something that might not make it but I will save almost anything if the price is right. The brain was bleached from being to close to MHs so I'm not really worried about it causing problems with other coral.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 36.2%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back