Pretzel's 40B

Pretzel's Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2026
Messages
24
Reaction score
13
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000025417.jpg

Let me start off by saying Pretzel is the thin lined hermit crab that started this. Yes we did the bad thing and picked one up off the beach and when we got home (10+ hrs away for saltwater) I realized it was a marine hermit crab. I went in overdrive and set up a 10 gallon tank. My daughter said he needed friends, so we instantly upgraded to the 40. It has been running for a little over a year and has definitely been a learning experience. We have 2 clowns, a royal gramma, banggai cardinal, 2 pajama cardinals, a watchman goby and a Dimond goby. LPS and Softies with a grab bag monti cap on the back wall and a couple encrusters. Oh and a lot of green hair algae. A couple hygger mini wavemakers and a HOB that I modified into a refugium with some filter floss. 2 AI Prime 16hd above and plexiglass lid I cut/drilled, mostly to keep stuff out of the tank.
1000025420.jpg
 
1000025417.jpg

Let me start off by saying Pretzel is the thin lined hermit crab that started this. Yes we did the bad thing and picked one up off the beach and when we got home (10+ hrs away for saltwater) I realized it was a marine hermit crab. I went in overdrive and set up a 10 gallon tank. My daughter said he needed friends, so we instantly upgraded to the 40. It has been running for a little over a year and has definitely been a learning experience. We have 2 clowns, a royal gramma, banggai cardinal, 2 pajama cardinals, a watchman goby and a Dimond goby. LPS and Softies with a grab bag monti cap on the back wall and a couple encrusters. Oh and a lot of green hair algae. A couple hygger mini wavemakers and a HOB that I modified into a refugium with some filter floss. 2 AI Prime 16hd above and plexiglass lid I cut/drilled, mostly to keep stuff out of the tank.
1000025420.jpg
Great story!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new