Goby injury

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goby has an injury to his abdomen. He's eating well and still active but wondering if there's anything I should do for him. Pics below. It looks like he either scraped a rock or was bullied by one of two new clowns. NO other visible signs of anything. I've had him for about a year and a half. Any suggestions?

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally fish heal very quickly. I would leave it be until you notice the fish having a problem.

Dcmatranga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goby has an injury to his abdomen. He's eating well and still active but wondering if there's anything I should do for him. Pics below. It looks like he either scraped a rock or was bullied by one of two new clowns. NO other visible signs of anything. I've had him for about a year and a half. Any suggestions?

Sometimes uronema marinum can look like a scrape in my opinion. I lost a purple queen anthias to that parasite, i noticed it when it had a small injury similar to that. I tried to treat, but was unable to get the purple queen out of my 100 gallon. It's a nasty parasite that starts from the inside out basically. Hope the little guy gets better.

OP
OP
S

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm really hoping that it's just an injury and not the parasite. He would be near impossible to catch without a full tank tear down. He doesn't show any other signs than the affected area.

Sometimes uronema marinum can look like a scrape in my opinion. I lost a purple queen anthias to that parasite, i noticed it when it had a small injury similar to that. I tried to treat, but was unable to get the purple queen out of my 100 gallon. It's a nasty parasite that starts from the inside out basically. Hope the little guy gets better.

Dcmatranga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I'm really hoping that it's just an injury and not the parasite. He would be near impossible to catch without a full tank tear down. He doesn't show any other signs than the affected area.

That was the same prob I had trying to catch the anthias, was impossible. If you see signs of him starting to slow down eating - I'd try soaking his food with garlic and seachem sulfathiazole. Keep us posted!

OP
OP
S

Sully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I hope it's not to early to say, he seems to be getting better. He's eating even better now and has seemed to come out of the little bit of hiding he was doing. He's out and about and the injury looks much better but not completely healed. Now if his pistol shrimp would come out of hiding?

buzz225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please help had anyone ever seen this I'm new to the hobby just got the diamond goby a week and a half ago he's in tank with 1 yellow tail damsel and 2 clowns he still eats and no other fins are damaged could he have done this himself clearing his holes out? Could red leg crab have done it also?

Attachments

• 1426004608622.jpg
    1426004608622.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 145

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way the goby is going to sit still and let a red leg crab eat its tail. It definitely looks like it has been eaten though and I would suspect that one of your clowns or the damsel is picking at its tail. You should probably isolate this fish from the others.

buzz225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen the other fish do anything to him they get inches from each other

buzz225

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's no way the goby is going to sit still and let a red leg crab eat its tail. It definitely looks like it has been eaten though and I would suspect that one of your clowns or the damsel is picking at its tail. You should probably isolate this fish from the others.

And what do u think is best way to isolate without q tank

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back