Goby lethargic and swimming weakly.


This is him this morning. Definitely still looking off. I’m going to try the prazi and will update.

I’m struggling to see what’s going on with its lower jaw - that just doesn’t look right.
Does he look injured or possibly something else? I don’t quite have the eye at this stage in my hobby to be able to see what you’re referring to.
All I notice is there are times where he seems to hold the jaw open. Which doesn’t seem typical of him.
 
Does he look injured or possibly something else? I don’t quite have the eye at this stage in my hobby to be able to see what you’re referring to.
All I notice is there are times where he seems to hold the jaw open. Which doesn’t seem typical of him.

It doesn't look like any of the common infectious diseases. It could certainly be from an injury, but I can't account for how that could have happened.

Has it eaten anything since Thursday?
 
I was able to hand feed him last night and he ate. Unfortunately he looks worse today and was laying on his side earlier. I can see him respirating but just barely. Not sure if he’s going to make it.
 
20260103_103402 PM_281A9D98-076B-46FC-B09F-89ABC8B2190D.png
Unfortunately poor guy didn’t make it. Seemed to take a turn for the worse today. I can only see some small (what appear to be) abrasions on his side but not much else. Appreciate all the help from everyone.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.2%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new