Goby/Pistol Combinations - What you got?

ParticleMan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2025
Messages
126
Reaction score
98
Location
Corona
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone.

Haven't seen a thread showing off peoples Goby/Shrimp combos. I've got an Aurora Goby and Tiger Pistol Shrimp that are a very interesting pair. The pistol shrimp is very present always doing his landscaping. The goby has a very "what you looking at" attitude but always out front. I had always heard these type of fish/shrimp tend to be shy but I've experienced the opposite so far. What other combos do people have?
20260616_203321.jpg

20260616_203002.jpg
 
Nerve got around to getting a shrimp for my tank but I planned on getting a blood red fire shrimp to go along with my ywg!
 
My pair = Stonogobiops Nematode with a Randall's shrimp. This particular goby keeps the shrimp on a longer leash compared to other pairs I've had in the past.
 
I have a YWG (Cryprocentrus cinctus) currently paired with a Randall’s Pistol. The Pistol was originally paired to a Stonogobiops yasha, but I unfortunately lost the yasha a few months ago, so when the tanks got shut down in April/May, I decided to pair my Pistol (who was only around 1 inch when I paired her) with the Cinctus.

I’d love a Tomyichthys nudus and A. randalli pair for my nano system once it’s set back up.
 
My pair = Stonogobiops Nematode with a Randall's shrimp. This particular goby keeps the shrimp on a longer leash compared to other pairs I've had in the past.
Do you have photos?
 
Sorry I’m a bit late but this weekend got a white cap goby and red spotted pistol shrimp. So far they are destroying my sandbed but a lot of fun to watch them! Finally got a video of both of them in their tunnel (which spans the entire tank)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new