Goby - PISTOL SHRIMP PAIRING

Dave’s Saltwater

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2024
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
Delaware
What state or country do you live in
Delaware
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have hd a Watchman Goby for about 4 months. He has set up his den in a cave under my rockscape. Doesnt bother anyone but will push away anything that comes close to the entrance.

My question:
I am planning to get a Tiger Pistol Shrimp for him and I am concerned that he will not pair up seens how he has been on his own this long.
Di i need to be worried?
 
They'll pair up as soon as they find eachother

Gobies are really good at finding pistol shrimp

But you can make it easier by using a PVC tube to funnel the shrimp right down to the goby
 
My watchman found the shrimp around 20 minutes after I put him in and immediately paired. Before I put him in he would wander around the tank and sometimes spend countless hours at the surface just swimming around. It's cool to watch them work together!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 9.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new