Goby vs Blenny

Goodersgold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I currently have a segmented sailfin blenny, he's such a great character and I dont want to upset him, I was wondering if introducing a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair would cause an issue. I have a Red Sea Max Nano with plenty of room.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi, I currently have a segmented sailfin blenny, he's such a great character and I dont want to upset him, I was wondering if introducing a watchman goby/pistol shrimp pair would cause an issue. I have a Red Sea Max Nano with plenty of room.
Should not be an issue as blenny likes to perch and generally active

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i have a midas blenny and two firefish "gobies", a jawfish, and previously a yasha goby(died a while back and haven't replaced) with no issues.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a linear blenny with 6 gobies, 2 Trimma tevegae, a Gobiodon acicularis, Stonogobiops yasha, Koumansetta hectori, and Discordipinna griessingeri. The blenny doesn’t care about any of them and just chills in his barnacle all day. This is in a RS Max Nano with two temporary fish.
I would recommend having your rockwork touch the bottom of the tank if you plan for a pistol shrimp though.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back