Going apex.

Nmaran72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m going apex. Waiting to go to my first reefapoloza to see it person and see what I would need. I’ve been looking at the reviews some good some bad. What are your thoughts on their products and support. My biggest concern was with their dosing units. People were complaining of loud noises and bad heads mind you the system will be with my display since I don’t have a sump room.

DarthSimon

Team R2R
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't find the Apex DOS to be overly load. If you put it under a cabinet, it reduces the noise. Control room away from the display even better...
Never had problems with heads. As always, tubing won't last forever. Passing supplements or salt water through 1/4 Inch tubing eventually clogs up lines. I replace my lines every year or so. Best of luck, Which ReefPaloza will you be attending?

OP
OP
Nmaran72

Nmaran72

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't find the Apex DOS to be overly load. If you put it under a cabinet, it reduces the noise. Control room away from the display even better...
Never had problems with heads. As always, tubing won't last forever. Passing supplements or salt water through 1/4 Inch tubing eventually clogs up lines. I replace my lines every year or so. Best of luck, Which ReefPaloza will you be attending?

New York. Thanks for the insight

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 51 25.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 49 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back