Going Crazy Trying to Link my XR30 and ReefLink

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tank Facts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I was using both of these in my last home. I was using this Radion XR30 G1 (with 3 other XR30's) and a ReefLink.

I have a temporary tank right now, and I am using one of the XR30's, and for some reason, I can't get it to connect to the ReefLink. This is what I have done so far:

Reset the ReefLink so that I could log into it again (using the same account as before).

The ReefLink could not pick it up wirelessly, I connected the cable to it, and it did not find it. Powered the XR30 down for 5-10 min and started it back up and tested it again, no luck.

I eventually installed the Connection Manager, when I connect the XR30 to my computer I see the XR30. Via the Connection Manager, I was able to enable and disable the button on the XR30. So the cable is good.

I uninstalled the connection manager and rebooted my computer.

I remove the ReefLink from my account on EcoSmartLive, Formated the SD and did a factory reset and then added it back to my account. It still was unable to connect wirelessly. I once again tried to connect via the USB cable with no luck (did this many times, to the point where I am questioning my sanity). Powered the XR30 down for 5-10 min and started it back up and tested it again, no luck.

Reinstalled the Connection Manager, did another search for devices and my XR30 showed up... progress. Well, then it just showed offline whether it was plugged into my computer or not.

On the Connection Manager, I selected the firmware update, and it seems to have the latest firmware.

I kept holding on doing a factory reset because I could not find a way to control the schedule of the lights. Eventually after doing everything above more time then I wish to admit, and dealing with chat support, I did the factory reset. As I figured it did not do anything.

Now my lights have a different light schedule, who knows at what intensity or schedule. At this point, I need to be able to adjust the schedule I would hate to kill off my SPS. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am lost Ecotech chat support claims its the cable, I am no expert, but I did stay at a holiday in express once and did not feel like it is the cable how I can communicate with it directly (I have also tried many cables turns out I have lots of

OP
OP
Tank Facts

Tank Facts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading over the post, I realized that I should have written it before I started drinking that night apparently... :)

I had to unplug my lights how at midnight they were still on. So this looks like it going to be fun... Before ReefLinks you could connect to them directly and change the schedule, I can't seem to find a way to do that now. Do you not use the Connection Manager, at this point I do not care about the ReefLink just need my schedule loaded again.

Thanks

OP
OP
Tank Facts

Tank Facts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, so I have made some progress now. I tested a bunch of other cables, and I found a cable that allowed the ReefLink to see the Radion XR30. Now the ReefLink found the Radion and then did a firmware update and looks like it did a factory reset. Once it was all done, I remove the cable link from the ReefLink and Radion.

It deleted my aquarium profile from EcoSmartLive (ESL), so I recreated it. When I was done, I tried to push the config to the Radion, and it was not going through. I refreshed the page, clicked on devices, and the Radion looked like it was offline... ugh

I tried to refresh the devices, still offline, I tried adding a device to see if it would scan and refind it. Still offline. I rebooted the Radion, still offline. I rebooted the ReefLink, still offline.

I then plugged the Radion back into the ReefLink via the USB cable, then I refreshed the devices, and the Radion is back online. I was then able to push my config to the Radion, and it looks like it accepted it.

Removed the USB cable linking the two. Refreshed the devices and it looks like it can now see the device. I also made some minor changes to the schedule and pushed it live, and it seemed to work fine. Hopefully, the problem is now resolved.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back