Going Crazy

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef-nut
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
R

reef-nut

Guest
View Badges
I think I am going nuts. All I think about is corals and its been this way for years. My homepage is R2R. All my extra money, which is not a lot goes to my tank. My wife is about to divorce me over this. My kids even hates my tank, because thats all I talk about. I am disabled and all I do is look at corals on the laptop all day and nite. Eveytime I say this is neat come and look at it, they say no its a coral. Is there anybody out there this bad or might I say is there anybody out there that is not this bad?
 
LOL! I feel your pain...errr....addiction! Have my family and yours been talking??? :D
 
My fiancee and I are the same way. She doesn't understand it at all. She sees zoas and couldn't care less. It's an opposites attract kind of thing.
 
Yea I freeze my skimate in cubes with a pop sickle stick for those hot summer days!
 
Just get the more involved in the hobby. My gf never cared much for it before simply because she didn't understand it other than the eye candy factor. Let them pick out the corals or fish every once in awhile and make them enjoy it too.

But then again, always keep in mind that this is only a hobby and there are more important things in life as well. It should never be something that you're obsessed about, but something that gives you a peace of mind.
 
A true reefer considers this a way of life, not just a hobby.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new