Going on holidays

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am wondering what everyone does if they go on a holiday or away for a long weekend several times throughout the year.. As in how or who looks after the tank, Feeding, maintenance, cleaning ect...

sde1500

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long weekend I don’t have anyone watch the tank. Doesn’t need anything done for it. A week we have someone stay at the house anyway for our other animals and they feed the tank.

Conchman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Longest is 10 days. Just need to have someone top off the ATO tank, I leave extra. I cut feeding size to half and half the time. I change water 24 hours before I leave and when I get back. So far no major swings in stats, no loses...

Gzfrank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m away from home 3-4 days each week usually. I have an automatic feeder, ATO, WiFi monitoring and my webcam to monitor my tank from afar.

OP
OP
ReefRusty

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m away from home 3-4 days each week usually. I have an automatic feeder, ATO, WiFi monitoring and my webcam to monitor my tank from afar.

As im a shift worker i am away for 14hrs of the day and could be 2 or 3 days in a row. Fortunately I do more nights than days.

What size ATO do you have?

BirdGuy21

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got back from a six day trip. Had a pet sitter come over for the dogs and parrots, and to feed the tank. Made sure my ATO was full, skimmer cup emptied, and had food proportioned out per day with detailed instructions. The instructions included how to turn off the pumps to feed with everything labeled and with pictures, and emergency tank contacts. I left out a note for my emergency contact with premade saltwater, RODI water, and all my backup supplies labeled just in case. Also got another Wyze camera to monitor the tank.

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 weeks with no intervention. I use a 40 ish gallon cooler for an auxiliary ATO tank with my homemade tried and true ato floatswitch setup. My reef is very established so feeding isn’t necessary.

Back