GOING OUT OF MY MIND HELP!!!

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so heres the situation, im moving house and my tank was at my girlfriends which she rented, we had to be out of there on the 8th june, so the tank was moved on the 8th to the new house which we know the seller so they allowed us to do this, i treated the move like a water change, saving what i could then replacing 25% of the water. I set the tank up as fast as i could as the seller was on nights and wanted to go back to sleep. Then one wave maker wouldnt come on and my white lights would not work either. Its now been three weeks with no ATO or dosing anything. I have access to feed them only once a week but with no time to test water or anything as they are always there stood over me finding my obsession pointless and wanting me rid. The sale has been delayed and were now on 3 weeks!! I WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT MY LPS as i have a huge hammer frogspawn and acans. Please give advice!!

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are in a jamb. So the seller won't let you in the house to check on the tank?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adjust the lights to run 3-4 hours per day.

If you run the tank at a high temp, cut it down to <79ºF.

These will slow down your corals a bit.

You'll have to put an ATO on there, or else.

Take one with you and set it up.....take replacement water with you on feeding trips.

If you don't have a two-part doser on there, ditto....you're gonna have to.

If you can't test there, that adds some complexity, but just means you have to take the sample and test elsewhere. Make any needed adjustments based on the testing on your return trip.

Good luck! Moving is stressful for everyone....and working nights is special stress all to itself. Keep calm! :) :) :)

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have access once a week. Im going to ask if i can do a water change on wednesday, which would give me piece of mind. Its just awkward as the skimmer will need tipping out (if it hasnt already over flowed) i had to throw it together in 20 mins, rock in etc. Luckily, i have a lid and i dont get much evaporation but i know atm it is prob sitting at 1.029 or a tad more judging by the years of testing it daily. If i can do a water change it will bide me a little more time until completion of the sale?

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A water change is always a good idea, but without knowing when you'll have full access you'll want to execute on the rest of the plan as well......ATO and doser. :)

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A water change is always a good idea, but without knowing when you'll have full access you'll want to execute on the rest of the plan as well......ATO and doser. :)
Well i look at water changes as factory reset. So thats that at ease, i spoke to the seller today, they are letting me do a water change on wednrsday.

Another question. Since my white lights wont wont until i can sort them out, will corals be okay on just blues? The lights are aquaray LED.

The plan was move it and be in by a week, but next friday, will be a month with no maintence! Im staggered that ive had no losses!! Touch wood.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
During my move I kept live stock inside a Brute tub for appx 2 weeks and they survived as long as the tub had heat, powerhead to circulate water thru rocks and small temporary LED light. All my corals survived. ur livestock should be fine as long as they have heat, circulation (assuming u have rocks for filtration), light (can get cheap LED light from HD temporarily) & are fed. If the house is in warm area then ATO would be recommended. If u r able to do weekly water change i wouldn't sweat about dosing, elements are being replenished via water change so corals should be fine. I once accidently left my dosing pump off for 2 weeks and all my corals were not affected as I was doing weekly water changes.

Rich Cooper

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just do as much as you can in regards to water stability and the light you do have available to the tank should buy you more time.

OP
OP
loweryphil

loweryphil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, update. I did a 25L water change. And managed to get my wave maker working! I gave it a good clean syphoning the rocks and the only thing that needs attention to is the main white lights. But i have noticed, since moving it all my corals seem much bigger! That could have been down to only one wave maker working.

It has tought me though that all the testing i was doing twice a week etc really was over kill. These corals and fish went a month with no top off or changes only food added and dare i say it...looked better for it!

I still do not like the fact o cant attend to it every day but that should have bought me more time. We are looking at hopefully 8 days time being in...so this will be really leaving it like i would for a hollliday.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 51 28.7%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 37 20.8%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 21 11.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 62 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back