ZomboMeme 07092020202701.jpg

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello R2R Community,
I’ve been in the aquarium hobby pretty much my whole life. Started with a tiny octagon freshwater tank with a spotted catfish when I was about 5 yrs old. My Dad had a 55 gal. tropical community tank that was my inspiration to get into the hobby. Fast forward through my childhood, full of activities and sports that limited me to betta bowls and small (10 gal.) freshwater tanks that survived but never really thrived, to my first apartment after college. I had a 29 gal. sitting on a make-shift stand consisting of two metal step-stools...a sweet South American set up with a Jack Dempsey, Synodontis Cat, and a Tiger Oscar that soon outgrew the tank! I then decided that since I was on my own I would buy a starter house and wanted to go big with a sweet 120 gal. tall African Cichlid tank! Fast forward to now...I still have the Cichlid tank in a basement now where the tank doesn’t take up half the room, three houses later, a few years in storage, and met a friend through kid activities, @rwreef, who introduced me to the world of Reefing! We built an awesome, custom, 40 Breeder stand and tank, and I can’t believe it took me so long to make the cross over. I absolutely love this end of the aquarium hobby and have found a renewed energy as well as a world of new knowledge to learn!!
C4721CF9-B749-4AB8-BC74-061F0BE71170.jpeg
0BF4BBB4-8C71-4F0E-ADCC-4C6AE3FE84C7.jpeg
Welcome to R2R!

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the wonderful folks, information and help.
Patience, it is the big word around here, Reefing is patience to cycle, to watch things grow, to keep your tank balanced.
I recommend to everyone joining to create a tank build thread.
1. You get to see where you have started and how much you have grown in this hobby.
2. We love pictures and to see what your doing with your tank.
3. It’s a great learning tool for all of us to see what works and doesn’t . We learn great stuff from each other.
Lastly the only bad question here is the one not asked...

giphy.gif

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back