Going to Australia!

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaving for Australia in a few days and was wondering if anyone had some suggestions on fish/coral shops in the gold coast area. Just wanted to check some out and see differences.

fostee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont know about that but Lady Elliot Island is close by there and has outstanding snorkeling with some of the best, healthiest SPS I have seen anywhere. They also have manta rays you can snorkel with and tons of turtles. Not to mention lots of great tangs, fox face and more in their natural habitat. It's not cheap but its an incredible place to visit.

OP
OP
Bbfishb81

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My mom and brother have been there, said it was amazing, not sure if I'll have time. Going to kings cliff, unsure where else. My 1 brother lives there, so he has some plans as well. I'm hoping I see a few fantastic sights.

Thanks for the info!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats! I've always wanted to visit Australia. It's on my bucket list :) Definitely take lots of pictures for us :)

First_Time_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice one! The gold cost is absolutely beautiful! I would reccommend visiting Reef Secrets in Burleigh, not too far from the Gold Coast. I would also highly reccommend getting to Brisbane (only a short drive) and visiting Gallery Aquatica as they are one of the most respected stores in Austrlia! Links below to both stores and enjoy! Differences in pricing will blow your mind haha

Snoopy 67

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are going to enjoy it there, people are friendly, climate is nice & food is very good.
If you fly Quantas they treat you very well too.

OP
OP
Bbfishb81

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you bringing back coral/fish from there? Just curious how you do that
I wont be bringing anything back. I have good connections, so can get almost anything I want. Within reason of course, lol.
Nice one! The gold cost is absolutely beautiful! I would reccommend visiting Reef Secrets in Burleigh, not too far from the Gold Coast. I would also highly reccommend getting to Brisbane (only a short drive) and visiting Gallery Aquatica as they are one of the most respected stores in Austrlia! Links below to both stores and enjoy! Differences in pricing will blow your mind haha

Thank you, I'll look into those. I am relying on my bro for rides, as I wouldn't be comfortable driving around on the wrong side of the road.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too sure on ones in the gold cost as I like in NSW (the state below it) but reef secrets is great (I havnt been personally but I’ve heard great things about it and use their website a lot) Sam Parker has a video series on LFS crawls if you want to look at some in the area

OP
OP
Bbfishb81

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Mudgeeraba. Not to far from Surfers Paradise. That was the Currumbin creek.

OP
OP
Bbfishb81

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Na. Going to kingscliff tomorrow for a few days then back to Mudgeraba til I leave Sunday.
This was at hiking at spring brook today. A good 4 km hike, and beautiful!

20190930_102229.jpg 20190930_122059.jpg 20190930_121957.jpg

OP
OP
Bbfishb81

Bbfishb81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I lied. I'm in NSW now. At Kingscliff for a few days. Heading to the beach asap. Inskeep getting told the water is cold, but I'm from Canada, I'm used to lake water, so this is a beauty to get into.

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I lied. I'm in NSW now. At Kingscliff for a few days. Heading to the beach asap. Inskeep getting told the water is cold, but I'm from Canada, I'm used to lake water, so this is a beauty to get into.
Enjoy your stay haha, and yea the water will be about 20 degrees atm

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back