Going to be in Johnson City this weekend...

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're about an hour out from Sustainable Aquatics. Hadn't heard of Johnson City before but it looks like a cool town.

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find any stores worth visiting up in Johnson City? My mom lives there and I haven't had time to visit any since she moved there.

I have been to the Coral Reef in Jefferson City--which is the retail store for Sustainable Aquatics that @Tuffyyyy mentioned above. It's a pretty neat place and you can order from S.A. and pick it up at the Coral Reef too.

OP
OP
govolsguy31

govolsguy31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you find any stores worth visiting up in Johnson City? My mom lives there and I haven't had time to visit any since she moved there.

I have been to the Coral Reef in Jefferson City--which is the retail store for Sustainable Aquatics that @Tuffyyyy mentioned above. It's a pretty neat place and you can order from S.A. and pick it up at the Coral Reef too.
No, there isn't much there. One little pet store that has a few basic things, but that's it. We stopped in Roanoke on our way back through, though, and I got a few things.

Didn't feel like driving the extra hour on down to Jefferson City.

Scrappy RN

I'm your Huckleberry!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, there isn't much there. One little pet store that has a few basic things, but that's it. We stopped in Roanoke on our way back through, though, and I got a few things.

Didn't feel like driving the extra hour on down to Jefferson City.
Oh well, I wonder if Bristol or Kingsport have any? They are within 30 minutes of there. I'll have to look. If you ever come to Knoxville there are several good reef stores in the area!

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No don't bother with Bristol or Kingsport. We have two places in Kingsport and both are jokes at best. We drove Down to knoxvegas last Saturday and went to aquarium and jks. Really liked @jksaquatics.

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No don't bother with Bristol or Kingsport. We have two places in Kingsport and both are jokes at best. We drove Down to knoxvegas last Saturday and went to aquarium and jks. Really liked @jksaquatics.
hahahahaha the lady at kingsport had probably 50 signs saying DO NOT TOUCH THE TANKS! KEEP YOUR CHILDREN AWAY. i was going to buy something, but being 16 i thought i should do as she said, and get away... haha best/worst experience in a fish store

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is even if you wanted to buy something they never have anything stocked to buy. I'm like hmmmm how's that workin out for ya

Joshua Hurst

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is even if you wanted to buy something they never have anything stocked to buy. I'm like hmmmm how's that workin out for ya
When you walk in her store; its like walking into the worlds worst store known to mankind. I find it amusing :p

Catchemall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know you'd think they'd make a change. And either one you are doomed from day one because the fish are already on their way out.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 31 29.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 26.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back