Gold vs Dragon Soul ID

  • Thread starter Thread starter Danny G
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Danny G

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 2, 2022
Messages
42
Reaction score
20
Location
Geneva IL
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I know my basics names around torches but really am unfamiliar with the majority of them. I have always wanted a dragon soul. I settled for this one that I just picked. This was labeled as a gold. Either way I’m super happy with the piece. I was wondering how the heck you identify what these actually are?

14ECB4C9-EACD-4167-A0A8-BA50B6DF4B52.jpeg D169D837-0FD5-43E6-A49D-156C1CBEB0AC.jpeg
 
Do you know what makes a gold vs dragon soul?
 
That is under the umbrella of Indo Gold. It is not a gold torch.

A dragon soul still start with a green mouth, tentacles will be about half purple then transition very quickly from green to gold or gold to green.

A gold torch should start way lower on the tentacles exhibiting the normal gold color and continue towards the tip.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new