Golden Dwarf Angel feeding issues

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hyak2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Hyak2

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a captive bred golden dwarf angel around 3 weeks ago.

It's been overall healthy, however I've been having a hard time getting it to eat. It's currently housed in an observation tank with a percula clownfish and some gobies, so it's not being bullied by anything.

It's noticeably lost weight since I've gotten it, and the only thing it seems to eat with any reliability is baby brine shrimp. I've offered adult and baby brine shrimp, mysis, hikari angel blend, blood worms, live black worms, and TDO pellets.

Any advice? I quite like the little thing, and would hate for it to starve to death!
 
1787274466253.jpeg

Is your Angel interested in Mussels or Claims?
 
What size tdo? Pics of the setup? Was the fish shipped, if so from the breeder or a middleman, or bought local?
 
Four months ago, I also got a golden dwarf. It was 2 cm long and was eating very poorly in the acclimation box. On the third day, I dropped him into a 500-liter tank. There are enough copepods and algae there for it feeding himself. Now he's grown noticeably and has started to catch frozen brine shrimps and flakes . Such small fish need to eat constantly, which is difficult to achieve in an acclimation box.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new