Golden puffer puffed up!

Charlie_11278

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2018
Messages
254
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My golden puffer puffed up for a couple of seconds and went back to normal. Should I be concerned?
46520d9b4eabcfca0e21d28b7d4eed8b.jpg
50677355324f9d2ee270cad194291d01.jpg
 
While puffing looks cute, it may also be a sign of stress or fear. Recheck water parameters to assure nothing in tank is rattling its' bones
 
While puffing looks cute, it may also be a sign of stress or fear. Recheck water parameters to assure nothing in tank is rattling its' bones
As soon as I saw it puff up I checked right after and Ph:8.0, ammonia:0, Nitrite 0, Nitrates 10 ppm

Nitrates are a bit high because I added a marine pure block and live Rocks then dosed them with bacteria
 
As soon as I saw it puff up I checked right after and Ph:8.0, ammonia:0, Nitrite 0, Nitrates 10 ppm

Nitrates are a bit high because I added a marine pure block and live Rocks then dosed them with bacteria
Sounds normal in readings.
 
Don't sweat it. It felt threatened by something and inflated as a defense mechanism. It's normal.
 
No issues that's what puffers do .
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new