goldflake angel colors

icemountain

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2012
Messages
641
Reaction score
132
Location
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking to buy a gold flake angel from a fellow hobbyist by me and I always thought their tails would be dark black from all the pictures I see. The I want to buy from him is about 4-4.5" and the tail is actually a pale grayish color. Is this how the color is going to remain or does it get darker with age? Even the juvies have the dark black tail. I attached a couple of pictures of it. What do you guys think?


 
Since the fish is a hybrid, there is plenty of variation from fish to fish....this one just got a lighter color tail...genetics at work...
 
Thanks for the response. I actually like the darker tails on them. I didn't know that they were hybrids though. What are they a mixture off?
 
Thanks for the response. I actually like the darker tails on them. I didn't know that they were hybrids though. What are they a mixture off?

Goldflakes aren't hybrids, as far as I know. However, there will still be fish-to-fish variations.
 
I am sorry I read an article incorrectly, they are not hybrids but have hybridized in the recent past reefbuilders.com/tag/goldflake-angelfish/‎ but fish to fish variation is common for all fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new