Goniapora acclimation

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZzyzxRiver
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ZzyzxRiver

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 11, 2024
Messages
993
Reaction score
1,170
Location
Orange County, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been about four weeks since this new goni has entered the tank. It has neither receded nor really emerged from its rock work. A different and similarly sized Goni I got at the same time (and have in similar flow and light—see second photo ) has plumped up and looks fine. This one just looks… meh? I know gonis are temperamental but does this look like something that’s gonna survive where it is or should I explore for a new spot for it?

IMG_0891.jpeg IMG_0892.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I recommend getting it off of the sand, they get annoyed with sand on them. Also, what’s flow like? Is it fairly active or almost nothing?
 
I recommend getting it off of the sand, they get annoyed with sand on them. Also, what’s flow like? Is it fairly active or almost nothing?
Off the sand makes sense- my strawberry conch often goes by where the plug is.

This is a gentle-flow part of my tank.
 
Off the sand makes sense- my strawberry conch often goes by where the plug is.

This is a gentle-flow part of my tank.
Get that thing flow!
This guy is directly infront of my wave maker :)
82E6331F-95F4-42F4-92E6-0031E333A3B5.jpeg
 
I thought I read they want low flow!! I have a good medium flow area available that also has slightly more light, I’ll move it there. Thanks!
And older FTS, but I basically now have that red Goni where the maxima clam was.
IMG_0243.jpeg
 
Feed it with something like Benereef and make sure enough manganese in tank from something like Replenish. I usually add polyp booster, aminos and Calanus powder to the Benereef mix for spot or broadcast feeding. Should perk right up.
 
I don't like how you placed your goni.

Give it proper lighting & flow

See video as an example
 

Attachments

  • 20240919_155340.mp4
    45.3 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new