Goniopora Disappeared?

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaraJames
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaraJames

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 23, 2026
Messages
78
Reaction score
54
Location
Wilmington
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My goniopora broke off at the base and disappeared? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do you think there was something wrong with the base? I did move it two days ago because it seemed to be blowing almost sideways and the base was turning white and looked a little crusty? It seemed very happy after I moved it.
I only have two fish do you think they ate it? Or the anemone or urchin?
 

Attachments

  • 20260330_171820_0C0CE825-869E-4562-8369-58A7A2A16A06.mov
    2.4 MB
That looks like Anthelia or Cespitularia. Are you sure it's Goniopora?

If i had to guess than my bet is in the Urchin carry the coral off.
 
I would guess Cespitularia after looking. Someone else identified it for me. I didn't know urchins did that. Wow
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new