Goniopora Help!

InvictusReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 10, 2023
Messages
152
Reaction score
107
Location
Norton Shores, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey all, So ive recently decided to get some Goni, and im kind of an addict with coral so I acquired quite a few high ends such as Amazeballs, 3 different Glitter bombs, LRO Candy Apple, TCK Flameballz to name a few. Anyway, I am struggling with them. Im not getting good polyp extension and a couple dont want to open past their heads (no stalk showing). Can all my other LPS are great. ASD Holy Grail Torch, hellfire torch, Scolys, tons of Euphyllia. All doing great.
My Parameter as of yesterday, and I am slowing bringing the phosphates down.
Salinity : 1.025-6
dKh: 10
Calcium: 450
Mag: 1425
Nitrate: 15
Phos: .162
ph: 8.4 All checked by Hanna except the Nitrates on a Nyos

I feed them weekly reefroids, and AB+ 3x weekly. Par is around 100 and flow is indirect on a frag rack on the side of the tank.
Can anyone with experience with these tell me what im missing? Thanks in advance. Ill post some pictures when I leave my office later today.
 
Discontinue reef roids. Its a good candidate for your phosphate issues.

Try to spotfeed TLF gonipower instead.

Also whats your alk vs the alk they came from?
If recently acquired, consider they are still settling in.


Good luck!
 
Discontinue reef roids. Its a good candidate for your phosphate issues.

Try to spotfeed TLF gonipower instead.

Also whats your alk vs the alk they came from?
If recently acquired, consider they are still settling in.


Good luck!
I just ordered some GoniPower on Amazon. And as for the alk, thats a good question. Ive had them for a month or better so hopefully theyre just getting settled. I had a small swing from 10 to 8.4 and back to 10 a couple of weeks ago when my dosing pump went on the fritz. Thanks for the help.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 18.8%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 18.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new