Goniopora upset by clownfish

  • Thread starter Thread starter jayteerq
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jayteerq

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 14, 2024
Messages
841
Reaction score
425
Location
Worcester, MA
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi guys. My goniopora was really happy up until the moment the clownfish laid eyes on it ): now it started hosting the goniopora and has been very retracted 24/7. Not completely retracted but as you can see from pics, very short compared to usual.
My question is I’m wondering if any one else has experienced this and found success eventually with the relationship? I’ve read mostly clowns bothering a Goni to death but I’m wondering if anyone has had success with the Goni eventually accepting the clowns? I’m wondering if I should intervene or not. The Goni hasn’t gotten to the point where it’s fully sucked in so I guess that’s a good sign. Praying they can get along eventually because I love to watch the clowns hosting :)
IMG_5593.jpeg


IMG_5831.jpeg
 
Might have to come down to the that.
Hopefully both can thrive.
I don’t want to stress the Goni anymore by moving it unless it’s last resort. I guess if I see it completely retracted, ill give the move a try
 
I don’t want to stress the Goni anymore by moving it unless it’s last resort. I guess if I see it completely retracted, ill give the move a try
For sure, sometimes these things just work themselves out.

I fully agree a move would be only if no other choice is available, and may not work.

When my nem moves, the clown goes with it.

Good luck!
 
I have a goniopora that hosted a clown for many months. They seemed to get along fine. Eventually the goniopora would hardly retract when the clown was in it, and the clown would still hover over it at night even when it had retracted. Unfortunately I had to leave my tank under the care of someone else for a time and the clown died and I came back to an almost dead goniopora. It seemed like a symbiotic relationship as the clown kept other things away, brought small food particles in?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new