Goniopora with brown jelly disease?

sc8kv123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've had this in my tank for 3 weeks now. The first 2.5 weeks it was doing great but recently has not been extending. I came home from work and there is a brownish/bubbly like slime building up. Parameters are in check and everything else is doing great.

Does anyone have advice or any experience with dealing with this?

IMAG0512.jpg

IMAG0511.jpg

OP
OP
sc8kv123

sc8kv123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I be concerned about my other lps corals? They aren't showing any signs of disease or stress.. yet. I've read this is very difficult to eradicate and can spread pretty easily.

Tab28

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brown jelly is an like an opportunistic virus. If your coral is stressed for a few days it will invade. Like ich for fish. If your other corals are not stressed. They seems to be able to keep brown jelly away.

I would do as above posted for cleaning and dipping. I have had success with goni curing of brown jelly. There are two things i would also add to the above. Do not keep gonipora directly on sand bed. The sand irritates and cuts the flesh. Stressing and opening door for infection. Do not put goni back in same area that brown jelly was spotted. I always found when i put them in same spot. it was as if jelly was living unseen in rocks or sand in that area.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 56 41.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.7%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.2%
Back