Goniopora

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamsfour
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamsfour

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
122
Location
Leesburg
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favorite coral is Goniopora. But I never have much success. They look awesome for a while then one day they stop opening and I know within a week it’s gone. All my other corals look great. I try spot feeding, different take location, and flow. But they always end up dead after a few weeks or in rare occasions months. Any treats?
 
This belongs in the lps category

Personally I can’t help here but I’m interested because I just picked up a 1” red frag to see how it goes
Currently not feeding coral foods while I beat a bit of dinos
 
What are your phosphate and nitrate levels? I keep mine higher at between .06-.1 phosphate and 25-30ppm nitrates. I also dose iron, manganese, strontium, molybdenum and silicate. Not a lot, maybe 5 mil every 3-4 days in a 120 gallon tank. I feed reef roids and Benepets 1-2 times per week. I find that the green ones are a lot more difficult to keep. Good flow helps out too.
 
Thanks pick wrong category
What are your phosphate and nitrate levels? I keep mine higher at between .06-.1 phosphate and 25-30ppm nitrates. I also dose iron, manganese, strontium, molybdenum and silicate. Not a lot, maybe 5 mil every 3-4 days in a 120 gallon tank. I feed reef roids and Benepets 1-2 times per week. I find that the green ones are a lot more difficult to keep. Good flow helps out too.
thanks. I have been thinking my nitrates and phosphate are too low but struggle to keep them up without going overboard. Right now my nitrates are .1 and phosphate.02. Which I know is low.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new