Gonna try some shrooms

I have some nice mushrooms myself I would like to cut soon. But at the cost it’s nerve racking. Looks like a success so far. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to some healed up mushroom pics.
 
I have some nice mushrooms myself I would like to cut soon. But at the cost it’s nerve racking. Looks like a success so far. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to some healed up mushroom pics.
I think sometimes you just have to throw caution out the window and say what the heck, lets do this.
 
We had a rock that had several St. Thomas Rhodactis on it. Managed to get 2 full shrooms off it. Cut the 2 in half and now I have 4 (Plus 3 more still on the rock)
1607727197738.jpeg
 
I think sometimes you just have to throw caution out the window and say what the heck, lets do this.
That’s what I said when I started buying expensive coral .. lol. And bet on myself to keep it alive and thriving.
 
Got our second Sunkist Bounce on Saturday. When I looked at it today, a chunk of the rubble it was attached to broke away and pulled a tiny chunk of shroom with it. Cut the chunk free from the "mother" and glued it to a disc. Fingers crossed!
X1wUvwz.jpg
 
Got our second Sunkist Bounce on Saturday. When I looked at it today, a chunk of the rubble it was attached to broke away and pulled a tiny chunk of shroom with it. Cut the chunk free from the "mother" and glued it to a disc. Fingers crossed!
X1wUvwz.jpg
Sunkist are super hardy i recently just tore one apart because a rock broke during separation. Fully healed 2 weeks later:)
20201214_182502.jpg
 
Sunkist are super hardy i recently just tore one apart because a rock broke during separation. Fully healed 2 weeks later:)
20201214_182502.jpg
Nice, the chunk is just so small. But at least it is connected to a chunk of rubble.
Cheers! Mark
 
Nice, the chunk is just so small. But at least it is connected to a chunk of rubble.
Cheers! Mark
Of all shrooms im sure your chunk will be just fine in a cpl weeks. The one above the pic I posted is other half. Fully halfed and totally healed 2 weeks later.
I have another one I may just cut up like a pizza now. Tearing them up seems to be more natural and working for now I guess.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new