Good budget lights?

blazedbeef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2021
Messages
72
Reaction score
35
Location
San antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
709EF8A0-20B0-4947-A473-2E378A2D4A46.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’m looking to upgrade my lighting on my hexagon tank. I don’t really want anything super fancy. I have an AI prime on my other tank, and don’t wanna mess with making a lighting schedule. Just looking for something that has its own schedule and turns on and off automatically. If that doesn’t exist I’ll just buy another prime, but I wanna see if there’s any other good options out there! 6E9D3EC5-652A-4638-811B-44786E693A46.jpeg
 
Personally I like my nicrew better than my AI Prime. I did not buy the controller for it, I manually set it how I like then I added a $10 wifi timer to control the on/off.
 
Which Nicrew do you have? Have been curious about them.
Personally I like my nicrew better than my AI Prime. I did not buy the controller for it, I manually set it how I like then I added a $10 wifi timer to control the on/off.
 
Nicrew hyper reef 150. Just replaced my black box with it. Corals are happier. It's bright
 
709EF8A0-20B0-4947-A473-2E378A2D4A46.jpeg

Hi everyone! I’m looking to upgrade my lighting on my hexagon tank. I don’t really want anything super fancy. I have an AI prime on my other tank, and don’t wanna mess with making a lighting schedule. Just looking for something that has its own schedule and turns on and off automatically. If that doesn’t exist I’ll just buy another prime, but I wanna see if there’s any other good options out there! 6E9D3EC5-652A-4638-811B-44786E693A46.jpeg
Switch to a metal halide! Cheaper than LED and better in my opinion. As far as automation, just get an outlet timer for $10. It’s seriously not that complicated…

Reef Brite Pendant


IMG_4218.png

IMG_4219.png
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new