Good Deal?

Wxguy23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seller has 2 kessil A350w lights and goosenecks for sale. $325 total. They look good. But not sure of age as this is of course an older model.
I have a 75 gal FOWLR with green star and a struggling anemone. Right now I have two 150w Chinese boxes. One of the lights has white lights going out....so I will need to replace soon.
Should I consider....or do I really need it? I plan to add some zoas but not 100% sure.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would say pass. If you didn’t have any lights and you knew the age of the lights then maybe but given you already have lighting

kessils really only come into play when you are talking sps. Based on what you said you have and what your plans are..I think you could save some money

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only been doing reefs for less than a year but have learned from mistakes. I started with a 200 gallon with black boxes ( cheaper lights) then changed to radion lights. The difference is extreme. I now have a 350 gallon with 5 xr30 radions and a 200 gallon fowlr that also has 4 radion, everything is doing amazing. That being said I think for that price I would get them.

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only been doing reefs for less than a year but have learned from mistakes. I started with a 200 gallon with black boxes ( cheaper lights) then changed to radion lights. The difference is extreme. I now have a 350 gallon with 5 xr30 radions and a 200 gallon fowlr that also has 4 radion, everything is doing amazing. That being said I think for that price I would get them.
Serious question, why such expensive lights on a fowlr? I get they are good lights. Just wondering

kzenoni

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Serious question, why such expensive lights on a fowlr? I get they are good lights. Just wondering
Understandable lol. They came off my original 200 gallon. I got a package deal on the 350 gallon and it came with lights so I put mine on my other 200.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back