Good Gyre power head rec's

surfer4329

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2023
Messages
20
Reaction score
7
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Oregon
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a couple of Jebao gyre/wavemaker power heads and each of them after about 7-10 months have significantly lost power. They do not agitate the water NEARLY as much as they used to even after disassembling and scrubbing clean. I think it's a matter of "you get what you pay for" after reading posts from people with similar issues from the same company.

I was looking to buy IceCap gyres to use with my Hydros controller, but I see that people had widespread software issues and the gyres were bricking. Nero seem SO expensive. Anyone out there happy with their IceCap units? Will Nero work with a Hydros controller?
 
I had icecap 4Ks with the old controller (before hydros). I also have the maxspect jump series. All work fine but they need to be cleaned often…at least once per month to maintain good flow.
 
My icecap pair is 2 and 3 years old (I bought them separately). So far so good. I disassemble for cleaning only about every 6 months. Really no problem. I hate reassembling them and getting them back to the same position but I’m happy.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 5 18.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new