Good morning and what’s on the schedule today?

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ATO will need water soon so I need to make some RODI water today. Made a slight adjustment to the dosing volume a couple of days ago and will check the parameters today.

jwt1603

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep going after the flatworms in my QT. At least the QT did it's job and kept them from getting into the DT. Means I'm stuck with 3 decent corals in the QT until i get rid of the little so and so's.:mad:

That and open up the Apex I bought at RAP and try and figure that thing out.:confused:

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aprehension. Driving back to San Antonio from a four day business meeting in Phoenix and hoping my daughter took care of the tank correctly while I've been away.

I'm sure everything is fine, but until I get there and see for myself I can't help but wonder what I'm coming back to.

kirbuno

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clean out the 2 skimmers and than beat the 2 nems up with my glass scraper pole so they stop stinging some of my better SPS lol
Brilliant day off lol ;Blackeye
Does "beating them up" actually work to influence where they decide to set up camp?

rockstarta78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my brand new Somatic s60 skimmer from BRS yesterday. Right now it's sitting in a bucket of rodi and vinegar. It may sound childish, but instead of looking at the tank, I keep looking at the HD bucket that the skimmer is sitting in an oozing foam while it's breaking in. Guess I'll be watching the skimmer all day today. :eek:

SDReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dialing in skimmer (again...) and pulling out gha (in the middle of an algae outbreak).

And probably overfeeding my cowfish because he looks too cure (probably cause of gha outbreak).

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would really like to see my clam open up, although I'm starting to think it's not going to happen. I got back from RAP at midnight and was ready for bed but had all these corals that needed to get into my tank. Also got home and saw my tank was at 68F. So I went ahead and temperature acclimated everything, and then "drip" acclimated the clam for about 10 minutes before getting too tired. I threw everything into the tank and went to bed, thinking it would all be fine the next day. Clam still hadn't opened as of yesterday so I was starting to think it was my parameters and tested my water. MG, Calc and Alk were all much better than I thought they'd be, but I had pretty high phosphate and nitrates.

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unpacked a wwc order and need to plumb in a Brs dual reactor when my little helper goes to sleep
79E551E3-EB24-421F-AF35-F65EAE79D8C4.jpeg

Vincent100

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does "beating them up" actually work to influence where they decide to set up camp?

Lol not really ,they just close up abit and go back under the rock there foot is attached to .
I think I made the nem split by doing it every day , so I went from one pain in the butt to 2 o_O
On the bright side I have managed to get one to move abit today by placing a power head very close and blasting it all day
Just hoping it moves abit more so I can get to its foot ....than off back to the LFS

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I managed to dodge the clean the skimmer thing. Thru no fault of my own, My Mom needed a ride to the store seems her coffee maker died. Just so happens my fav LFS is right down the road ! S.o I drop her off seeing how see likes to peruse the store,& run down to the LFS. Iv'e been watching 2 Pearlscale Butterfly's he has & one is just really wanting to come home with me. The fish was eating & looking good. well I had to buy it before somebody else did! Been busy making it feel at home & all. Now it's time to test. I swear I started out with the best intentions but stuff happens. After all why do something today when it can be put off until tomorrow?

PSXerholic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm. Sometimes things come up as we inspect the system ;-)

Just dosed Barium, placed a bit carbon into the tank and measured iodine, phosphorus and nitrates!

Still need to upload a new light setting into the fixture.

Solis Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning R2R fam!

What’s on the reef schedule for you today? Anything cool or just the average “keeping water” duties? :)

Have a great day today!
Hey thank for the great work on the site and thank you for the greet and meet on Monday it was great to meet you and some of the other reefers.

36F7C8E0-7462-4E75-AC3D-7414CEDA7EDA.jpeg

Bob Escher

Welcome to Saltwater
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal things, added my Red Sea energy, feed, deciding whether to get rid of a clown that has decided that the whole tank is his all of a sudden and being a bully. Connecting my new APEX 2016 to the network ( more fun tomorrow with that)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 162 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back