Good Morning!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
An old guy was working out in the gym when he spotted an attractive young lady.
He asked a nearby trainer, "What machine should I use to impress that lady over there?"
The trainer looked him up and down and said, "I would try the ATM in the lobby.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning at about 6:00 I took my morning walk. I try to go about half an hour, then turn back so I get an hour walk in. I started out and it was fifty degrees so a little cool, but nice and brisk. There were deer all over the place but I think they know me now so wait until I get really close before they run away in fear. I hate to see the summer go but the fall is really nice up here in New York. It's just to short. I feel like I just put my boat in the water and I didn't even fully stock it yet, soon I have to go down there and empty it out of everything that can freeze. :oops:

Wine, beer, sun tan stuff, bug killing stuff, tick killing stuff, cleaning stuff etc. That stuff will freeze making a real mess in the spring.
I don't live in a Girly climate like you Floridians as we have real, Man weather here. Or at least we used to. Last year we got about 1/4" of Sissy snow. ;Meh
When I was a kid in the 50s it would start to snow in November and that snow wouldn't melt until April. The lakes would freeze and we would ice skate all winter. Now the lakes stay so warm you could raise Achilles tangs in them in January. :D

Anyway, about half my way through my walk. my right knee gave out. My age is so exciting because you never know which part will fail at the most in opportune time. Like for instance if I were on "Dancing with the Stars" doing the Fox Trot with Nancy Pelosi and my tennis elbow snapped right at the time where I threw Nancy over my left shoulder and I was preparing to spin her around three times for a final triple axle crescendo. :rolleyes:

It could happen.

Anyway, the pain was pretty severe and if I were a Snowflake I would have sat on the street and called an Uber. But I am not a Snowflake so I just waited a while, then took a few steps to work it out then concentrated on the beautiful scenery and thought about all the parts of me that are still working fantasticall. I made it home with no Uber. :)

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning! A toasty 40 this morning. Supposed to only reach the mid 50s today. The smoke hasn't cleared, even after a very soggy day yesterday. Only 4 more weeks of 80 hours. Then down to a manageable 60 to 70. Can't wait. I am going to hang a magnetic screen door around my porch this weekend. Hopefully it allow me to not shovel it everyday. I am looking forward to winter. I can't wait for these boomers to leave. We are way too busy this year for the very small staffs we are running. I am completely worn out. Have a great day and stay safe!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This morning at about 6:00 I took my morning walk. I try to go about half an hour, then turn back so I get an hour walk in. I started out and it was fifty degrees so a little cool, but nice and brisk. There were deer all over the place but I think they know me now so wait until I get really close before they run away in fear. I hate to see the summer go but the fall is really nice up here in New York. It's just to short. I feel like I just put my boat in the water and I didn't even fully stock it yet, soon I have to go down there and empty it out of everything that can freeze. :oops:

Wine, beer, sun tan stuff, bug killing stuff, tick killing stuff, cleaning stuff etc. That stuff will freeze making a real mess in the spring.
I don't live in a Girly climate like you Floridians as we have real, Man weather here. Or at least we used to. Last year we got about 1/4" of Sissy snow. ;Meh
When I was a kid in the 50s it would start to snow in November and that snow wouldn't melt until April. The lakes would freeze and we would ice skate all winter. Now the lakes stay so warm you could raise Achilles tangs in them in January. :D

Anyway, about half my way through my walk. my right knee gave out. My age is so exciting because you never know which part will fail at the most in opportune time. Like for instance if I were on "Dancing with the Stars" doing the Fox Trot with Nancy Pelosi and my tennis elbow snapped right at the time where I threw Nancy over my left shoulder and I was preparing to spin her around three times for a final triple axle crescendo. :rolleyes:

It could happen.

Anyway, the pain was pretty severe and if I were a Snowflake I would have sat on the street and called an Uber. But I am not a Snowflake so I just waited a while, then took a few steps to work it out then concentrated on the beautiful scenery and thought about all the parts of me that are still working fantasticall. I made it home with no Uber. :)
Good Morning! A toasty 40 this morning. Supposed to only reach the mid 50s today. The smoke hasn't cleared, even after a very soggy day yesterday. Only 4 more weeks of 80 hours. Then down to a manageable 60 to 70. Can't wait. I am going to hang a magnetic screen door around my porch this weekend. Hopefully it allow me to not shovel it everyday. I am looking forward to winter. I can't wait for these boomers to leave. We are way too busy this year for the very small staffs we are running. I am completely worn out. Have a great day and stay safe!
great way to tell a bad story,thus the thumbs up @Paul B hope feel better soon;)
@Ippyroy ,i do not envy you i lived at WI/IL border all my 51 out of 52 yrs love the look of new snow,never want to see it again;)last two nights hit 42 here:rolleyes:this time last year i moved in this week highs in the 100's lows in the 70's/80's:rolleyes:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure if thats a good thing or bad LOL!

giphy.gif

Many logos are too complicated. If you are only going to ever use it in a single situation and you like the way it looks then run with it. However, it you think that you will want use it as you grow and in various different situations then It is helpful to see what the potential logos look like in black & white and in color, large, small, and tiny, etc. I have found that simply squinting is a good quick test to see if it is even close. For example, take a look at the Apple, Google, Coca-cola, and IBM logos and then squint! :)

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

It could happen.

Well written And I too am going through mainly Left knee pain but right is whispering to me. I had cortisone shots in both last Wednesday and felt good for 3 days and left is not liking me again. Im sure its torn tissue and who knows whats' next (well i do). Ice does does help as does heat rub with linocaine and Tylenol arthritis.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. My knees work. Other parts not so much. The pan seared salmon I made for Jeanna decided to swim upstream to spawn at 230AM and I inhaled it. So I was coughing up some baby salmon for a few hours.
The asparagus must have been an aphrodisiac for the salmon. I should have known better.

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
An Amish girl and her mother were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again. The girl asked, “Mother, what is this?” The mother, never having seen an elevator, responded, “I have never seen anything like this in my life. I don’t know what it is.” While the girl and her mother watched with amazement, an old man in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the man rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the girl and her mother watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until the last number was reached, and they watched some more as the numbers began to light in reverse order. The walls opened up again and a hunky young man stepped out.
The mother, not taking her eyes off the young man, said quietly to her daughter, “Go get your father.”

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
An Amish girl and her mother were visiting a mall. They were amazed by almost everything they saw, but especially by two shiny, silver walls that could move apart and back together again. The girl asked, “Mother, what is this?” The mother, never having seen an elevator, responded, “I have never seen anything like this in my life. I don’t know what it is.” While the girl and her mother watched with amazement, an old man in a wheelchair rolled up to the moving walls and pressed a button. The walls opened and the man rolled between them into a small room. The walls closed and the girl and her mother watched the small numbers above the walls light up sequentially. They continued to watch until the last number was reached, and they watched some more as the numbers began to light in reverse order. The walls opened up again and a hunky young man stepped out.
The mother, not taking her eyes off the young man, said quietly to her daughter, “Go get your father.”
told this to my wife verbatum from memory ,she busted up ;) :cool:

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well written And I too am going through mainly Left knee pain but right is whispering to me. I had cortisone shots in both last Wednesday and felt good for 3 days and left is not liking me again. Im sure its torn tissue and who knows whats' next (well i do). Ice does does help as does heat rub with linocaine and Tylenol arthritis.

I can tell you exactly whats next. I had the gel shots 3 times, then the meniscus repairs 3 or 4 times, then more shots. Then they replaced the knee. You should replace your knees when you are about 16 years old to by pass all the nonsense. I also have ten teeth implants. Another thing you should do just after you get your adult teeth.

No more dental visits, no pain, no cavities and you can eat concrete. :p I love them.

My "good" knee will be replaced if I ever get the time as this retirement is exhausting and I am just to busy having fun. :cool:

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I can tell you exactly whats next. I had the gel shots 3 times, then the meniscus repairs 3 or 4 times, then more shots. Then they replaced the knee. You should replace your knees when you are about 16 years old to by pass all the nonsense. I also have ten teeth implants. Another thing you should do just after you get your adult teeth.

No more dental visits, no pain, no cavities and you can eat concrete. :p I love them.

My "good" knee will be replaced if I ever get the time as this retirement is exhausting and I am just to busy having fun. :cool:
I know its my meniscus tissue that is torn and occured from burrs on my patella and tibula bone. Surgery is evident but will be about 2 years down the road.I hear nothing but how much better replacements feel than the original. I hope so.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The replacement is pretty good and if I got shot with an M-16 in that knee I probably wouldn't feel it. Much!
I can walk up stairs all day with no pain. It only hurts when I am trying to rest it. :oops:
Of course there is no kneeling. That is out of the question. You can't kneel.

My knees were great until I was in two helicopter crashes and worked comercial/industrial construction for 40 years where everything is 1,000lbs.
If I was an accountant, acupuncturist or hair stylist, my knees would probably be fine. :D

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back