Good Morning!

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it should be illegal to buy your kid a car or home. That is doing them a disservice. Anyone can inherit something and that takes no brains. Either work, or die. It's simple. :cool:

Good parents teach their kids how to be independent, not suck the life out of their parents. That just makes snowflakes and we already have enough of those. :p

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it should be illegal to buy your kid a car or home. That is doing them a disservice. Anyone can inherit something and that takes no brains. Either work, or die. It's simple. :cool:

Good parents teach their kids how to be independent, not suck the life out of their parents. That just makes snowflakes and we already have enough of those. :p

Well said.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put this on my tank thread, which has nothing to do with tanks so I will also put it here.
Good Morning people.
This morning I felt really energized, probably because I only had one Grand Marnier last night before bed.
So I figured I would do more exercise this morning. I felt like going to the beach, down and up those 165 steps but I also wanted to bike ride. Actually, like most people I hate to exercise. But my wife gets after me about staying in shape.
No, not the shape I am in, more like Brad Pitts shape but although they sell live pigs near here, I haven't seen any of them flying yet.

So I get on my bicycle and head to the beach. The beach isn't far but it's up hill both ways. :rolleyes:

It must have been early because I didn't see anyone walking dogs or going to work. Then I remembered it's Sunday.
I get to the beach door. Yes we lock our beach so no one steals it. I left the bike there and stared at the steps and the beautiful ocean at the bottom, below the clouds. ;Meh

I start walking down the stairs and this time I don't count them as I normally do just to pass the time and see if I can still count. I pass a few deer and rabbits which I always say good morning to. I don't know if they are the same deer all the time as they don't seem to recognize me and probably just think "Oh great, here comes that bald Geezer messing up the serineness.

There is huge vegetation on both sides of the stairs which are elevated above the cliff.
I was thinking today, who was the guy who had to cut through this thick stuff to mark out where to put these stairs and did he have tick insurance. You can't even get down this cliff without having mountain climbing gear because it is so steep that if you step away from the stairs, the mountain starts to fall down into the sea. ;Woot

I get to the bottom and sit on a bench there. They should put one of those CPR things there for Geezers like me but I stay a while and look out at the Sound searching for sharks.
Last week they saw a huge fin sticking out of the water. I don't know if it was a fin connected to a shark or a Catalina gobi but I saw video's of it. I used to SCUBA dive here and never saw anything.

Walking up was hard, I think because I had so many ticks on me they were weighing me down. ;Shifty
I had to stop a few times, to say good bye to the deer and rabbits but also t catch my breath that I lost 30 years ago.

I got to the top and found my bicycle. In my old neighborhood I just would have found a note thanking me for the bike.
I got on the bike and headed home, uphill again.

But I didn't go home, I don't know why but I rode past my house at an unbelievable rate, OK, it wasn't that fast but there was a young Lady running with one of those running carriages pushing a baby and I didn't want her to think she was in better shape than I was in, but she was. Even the baby was. :rolleyes:

I kept going, farther and farther all the way (about a mile, OK 3/4s of a mile) to where I couldn't go any more without getting flattened by a tractor trailer. I felt like Bruce Jenner. Well, not "Exactly". I am still a man and will remain that way. Mostly because I don't know what dress size I am. ;)

Then I came back home, passing the baby again who was shaking his fists at me (it could have been a pacifier) and I am ready to go out for breakfast.

I still can't get in more than a third of these stairs, you need to be in a hot air balloon for that.

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well sounds like Sunday is starting well for almost everyone. Ned I really hope things turn out well for you and the Misses.

I hit new heights today too and I didn't take the stairs, new is a bit of a stretch as well. I took a Man lift about 75' up in a WW2 era factory to run some pipe and wire and bumped into this steam pipe that must have been broken because it had a cast on it, there was even a some signatures and funny sayings, it must have been troublesome because it was being referred to as a donkey and a pest and was singed OS. When I bumped into it it gave off nice white clouds that seem to float for ever.
I didn't see any deer or rabbits but I did startle a flock of beautiful Doves that were nesting high in the steel,
well that might be a stretch too, their not so beautiful. We also have a Red Tail Hawk that will play with the doves and they like to play tag or hide and seek, BTW the doves are good at hiding. Well that's it for now but the day is still young.
One more cup of Joe and its back in the lift, maybe I will startle some of those city possums that can run really fast.
7 more years and I can float my boat or scratch the pooch all day long because snow flakes student loans will be paid
and uncle Sam will start to return the money he borrowed.

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning, friends!

It’s a lazy Sunday for our household today! I’m seeing some more coffee & donuts in our future today from our little local shop. :)

I got the Cube 20 up and going last night, along with my build thread for it. Today I’m going to budget out the rest of the build so I can get an idea as to how much longer I have before it’s complete. My daughter is being so patient— she wants fish in it so badly, but I am teaching her how important it is for us to wait for the tank to be cycled so that our fishies can be healthy. She has been so into all of this, and wanted to help with everything last night. I really hope this is the beginning of a lifelong love of fishkeeping for her.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.

@Paul B Needs a beach lift. Mountains have ski lifts. No one would expect you to walk in swim fins. Being the handy guy you are you could build it.

Haha I can totally imagine that.... using an electric winch attached to a surfboard to bring @Paul B down to the water!

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
7 more years and I can float my boat or scratch the pooch all day long because snow flakes student loans will be paid
and uncle Sam will start to return the money he borrowed.

Hey, I diversified into cats and I have fun little projects to keep the mind active.
Bear has to rest sometimes.
IMG_1141-X2.jpg

now to mount this with no magnets and I dont think the little sticky pad will do anything on my siding. I have ways though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone! Tank maintenance is done. Air conditioning is fixed, and pain killers are kicking in. It's a good morning so far :D
20190721_112730.jpg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning.

@Paul B Needs a beach lift. Mountains have ski lifts. No one would expect you to walk in swim fins. Being the handy guy you are you could build it.
Haha I can totally imagine that.... using an electric winch attached to a surfboard to bring @Paul B down to the water!

They do exist, very common in Muskoka where half the cottages are on cliff edges. Not too sure how well they would fair near the saltwater though.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow more than a Capacitor that you need Med's :p what happend?
Lol! The pain killers are unrelated. But yes they changed the capacitor and the fried wire and shes as good as new :)

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A long time ago I ate Asian in Morgantown with my wife. It's a college town. I ordered twice cooked garlic pork. It was very good. The texture of the pork was unusual but it was very spicey the way I like it.

The health department shut the place down down the next day for serving cat.

Get stationed in Korea...you will forever remember the taste!! Haha

tdlawdo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a vegetarian now, but my uncle used to make a sausage combining venison, rabbit and squirrel. The gaminess worked well for a sausage, but it was very rich.

I’m a squirrel rehabber in a state where people pay kids 25 cents a head to kill them on their property. Sheesh

EmilyXLC

Charisma +10
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a squirrel rehabber in a state where people pay kids 25 cents a head to kill them on their property. Sheesh

Awww! That has to be amazing. I want to rehab opossums— they’re my favorite animal & I love them so much I could cry.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back