Good Morning!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It's because we're all melting lol

Not so frozen tundra today..
1591117596874.png
yep all i hear today is the hum of the ac ,90+ and no breeze not a cloud in the sky..yay..not;)

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Woah that’s crazy!!! Where do you live to have bears!?

Morning everyone!
Upstate NY, Adirondack Mountains.

We have everything from black bears, to mountain lions, to what we refer to as "rats", deer.

The local town deer have been bred so long into "captivity" they look both ways before crossing the street, and eat out of the dumpsters like bear. True story.

Last edited:

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Peace River
IMG_2682_heic-M.jpg

Do you perhaps know what this is? It came with the SW shrimp I buy from Florida to feed the lion.
It lives in my refugium and is about the size of a full-grown female guppy.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Peace River
IMG_2682_heic-M.jpg

Do you perhaps know what this is? It came with the SW shrimp I buy from Florida to feed the lion.
It lives in my refugium and is about the size of a full-grown female guppy.

My best guess based on your picture is a Rainwater Killifish (Lucania parva). It was about 2016 (or maybe 2017) since I kept and bred that species. Interesting fish - there is also a relict freshwater population in the upper center of the state.

Edit: although not in full breeding colors, the color in the dorsal and anal fins identify it as a male.

Last edited:

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning all. Gave my chest freezer a work out. I have a lot of room in there, 23 cu. ft. ( i had envisioned a lot of fish and deer). Since it was pretty empty i had a lot of gallon jugs of water to take up space so it didn't fill up with hot air every time it was opened. I took delivery on the clubs frozen food group buy in March, so i took all of the jugs out to make room. being lazy i had just left them out. until yesterday. i put fresh water in them and put them in there. oops a couple at a time probably would have been ok. i got a high temp alarm. reset it got it again reset, repeat. this morning they are all frozen and with one more reset I should be good to go. feel sorry for working the freezer so hard; it is almost half my age.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning everyone! TDO Chroma BOOST fish food and a rotifer culture from @Reef Nutrition arriving today! :)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
After nasty storms last night- Its clean up time. . . . Came home to this:

1591188411895.png 1591188431448.png 1591188446646.png

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! First bad storm of the season last night. Good news - got validation that my sump won't overflow in the event of a power loss. Bad news - learned that the HOB protein skimmer on the coral/invert frag/QT tank in the basement will overflow and make a mess..

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! First bad storm of the season last night. Good news - got validation that my sump won't overflow in the event of a power loss. Bad news - learned that the HOB protein skimmer on the coral/invert frag/QT tank in the basement will overflow and make a mess..

Wow! I'm sorry to hear about the storm and the HOB overflow. Hopefully everyone is safe and there was limited or no damage.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning everyone!
Storms hit us pretty good last night. Had several big branches in my yard I need to cut up tonight. We also acquired a trampoline that isn't ours! lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back