Rating - 100%
13   0   0

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
With the rise of self-driving vehicles, it’s only a matter of time before we get a country song where a guy’s truck leaves him too.

OP
OP
Crabs McJones

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin Yall!
Well after cutting up the branches that fell two nights ago, we've decided to take the entire tree down. It's a rather large maple.
We had planned on taking it down anyway as it has a crack doing right down the center of it from the Y of the tree almost all the way to the base. So eventually that tree is going to split into two. But with the big storm we had two nights ago, it caused the tree to split even more, I can fit my whole hand in the tree! :oops:
So before she falls and takes out my garage in the process, were going to drop her and cut her up.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Peace River
IMG_2682_heic-M.jpg

Do you perhaps know what this is? It came with the SW shrimp I buy from Florida to feed the lion.
It lives in my refugium and is about the size of a full-grown female guppy.
Looks like a killfish

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My best guess based on your picture is a Rainwater Killifish (Lucania parva). It was about 2016 (or maybe 2017) since I kept and bred that species. Interesting fish - there is also a relict freshwater population in the upper center of the state.

Edit: although not in full breeding colors, the color in the dorsal and anal fins identify it as a male.
Sorry. I posted before reading further.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't killied it yet.

I have always kept them in species-specific tanks, but they have always seemed to be pretty relaxed fish and weren't extreme jumpers like many killifish. If the fish made it through the feeder fish shipping process and still looks full-bodied and healthy like in the picture then its chances are good.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mornin Yall!
Well after cutting up the branches that fell two nights ago, we've decided to take the entire tree down. It's a rather large maple.
We had planned on taking it down anyway as it has a crack doing right down the center of it from the Y of the tree almost all the way to the base. So eventually that tree is going to split into two. But with the big storm we had two nights ago, it caused the tree to split even more, I can fit my whole hand in the tree! :oops:
So before she falls and takes out my garage in the process, were going to drop her and cut her up.
@Crabs McJones if your like me any excuse to break out the chain saw is a good one. Good luck, Be safe!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh! What's in the box? :)

I can't wait for this box! Miami Vice zoas, jungle juice zoas, a blue/green acan, and Pikachu acro. Yesterday, it was WWC Rainbow Madness Cyphastrea. I'm almost done with the live sales for now (so I say, but TSA is this weekend and I'll be watching ;Shamefullyembarrased)!

My delivery guy always asks "What's in your box of water this time?" ;Joyful

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Morning everyone!
Storms hit us pretty good last night. Had several big branches in my yard I need to cut up tonight. We also acquired a trampoline that isn't ours! lol
Nothing like a crab on a trampoline !!!!

1591280813502.png

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait for this box! Miami Vice zoas, jungle juice zoas, a blue/green acan, and Pikachu acro. Yesterday, it was WWC Rainbow Madness Cyphastrea. I'm almost done with the live sales for now (so I say, but TSA is this weekend and I'll be watching ;Shamefullyembarrased)!

My delivery guy always asks "What's in your box of water this time?" ;Joyful

Those live sales are dangerous lol

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.6%
Back