Good Morning!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
i am just as good at taking pictures through my window as i am taking ones through the glass of my DT (skill not apparent or acquired, lol) i included the shot of the red bellied woodpecker for scale, no not ivory billed, just a juvenile Pileated

IMG_1564.jpeg IMG_1561.jpeg
WE HAVE A VERY SIMILAR VISITOR EACH MORNING:

1592919291718.png 1592919306294.png

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Morning all, is it Friday yet?

good news is I'm not working Thursday or Friday this week, bad news is I am getting my wisdom teeth removed :-(
get them all done at once.
I didn't know that was an option when I had mine pulled (chiseled).

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmmn decisions decisions. I have 20g of clean SW ready in 5g jugs in the basement ready to go, bulk UPS says my new RODI unit is out for delivery today. It's a 7 stage pro/plus unit from BRS to replace my wimpy portable RO unit. Think its worth waiting for , or just use the water I have mixed right now?

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hmmmn decisions decisions. I have 20g of clean SW ready in 5g jugs in the basement ready to go, bulk UPS says my new RODI unit is out for delivery today. It's a 7 stage pro/plus unit from BRS to replace my wimpy portable RO unit. Think its worth waiting for , or just use the water I have mixed right now?
Use it or Lose it

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would use the water you have, unless the water you have is suspect.

if I was having TDS or Cl readings out of my RODI i would decide whether or not they were bad before adding salt.
once mixed i would use the SW.

you did not say if you were following a rigid water change regimen. You did not say what GPD system you are getting.
If you need the water today i would use it because until the new unit shows up, gets plumbed, have tested the output, and gotten enough fresh SW mixed your tank will need to wait.

let us know your decision and the results of that decision:D

WiscoFishNut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would use the water you have, unless the water you have is suspect.

if I was having TDS or Cl readings out of my RODI i would decide whether or not they were bad before adding salt.
once mixed i would use the SW.

you did not say if you were following a rigid water change regimen. You did not say what GPD system you are getting.
If you need the water today i would use it because until the new unit shows up, gets plumbed, have tested the output, and gotten enough fresh SW mixed your tank will need to wait.

let us know your decision and the results of that decision:D

Yeah, now that I think about it I'll just use the water I have tonight. I'm already a couple days behind on my regular weekly WC and nitrates creeped up to 20. Plus I know my plumbing skills and it'll be a miracle if its all set up tonight lol. I have a sneaking suspicion that my chaeto in the sump has been overrun by regular algae and can't do it's job.

The new unit is 100GPD and my water pressure tested out at 65psi. I really wanted to get the 150GPD model and a booster since it has a better waste water to good water ratio, but they've been sold out for a really long time.

DiefsReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mosquitos here are Horrible !!! Yesterday morning, came home from work and about 21 bites in 3 minutes. Got in vehicle to park in garage and at least a dozen I killed inside the vehicle !
RIGHT NOW ANYTHING I HATE MORE THAN A MOSQUITO IS TWO OF THEM !!!!
A slight plug for my friend who owns this franchise ;) but I use these guys https://mosquitohunters.com/cumming-ga/
Since I started this year I have seen only 2 mosquitoes in 3 months!
Bet they have someone where you live..

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Two more work days and i have 9 days off. Gotta love holidays and time off and using 2 days of vacation and rest off with pay !!

ReefGrammie

Must...stay...away...from...live...sales...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning!

giphy.gif

vetteguy53081

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0