Good or bad Hitchhiker?

  • Thread starter Thread starter A-Jay
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

A-Jay

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 30, 2024
Messages
21
Reaction score
22
Location
Lancaster, UK
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in my tank and no clue what it is I thought I saw it few days ago now it looks double in size 20240912_152206.jpg
 
looks like some type of nudibranch to me. Good or bad? depends on what it eats.
 
Yeah, that's a nudibranch, and one of the one's that feed on cnidarians (corals, anemones, hydroids, etc.) - what specific kind of cnidarian they feed on depends on the exact nudibranch species.

Have you seen any corals struggling in your tank? SPS and Softies are the typical prey item corals.
 
I have seen a couple that have started to be eaten yeah
I would dip the corals if possible to see if any adult nudibranchs drop off (remove them if they do), and I would inspect them closely for egg spirals.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new